Phone button on Steering Wheel Doesn't work with Carplay after update from V8 to V9

AhmedBadran85

RCI Newbe
Punteggio reazioni
Auto
Kadjar
hello, I made the R-link 2 software update from V8 to V9 and after that I realized that the phone button on the steering wheel doesn't answer or end calls when using Carplay. But it Works when using Bluetooth.

Tried to delete iPhone from my r-link screen and from bluetooth devices and deleted the R-link carplay from my iPhone and re connected again. still the same problem. Also tried another iPhone and same problem.

One of my friends made the update and also have the same issue. Can anyone help how to solve this problem?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I don't know if the buttons worked in version 7.

Hi Ahmed and Banana, you cannot use CARPLAY with phone button on the steering wheel, because they're two separate and indipendent things. Carplay works without problems with R-Link 2, but doesn't talk with steering wheel. The buttons on the steering wheel don't have software to communicate with other external functions.

Not quite. Other steering wheel functions are supported. For example, long-pressing button on the steering wheel will start Siri, or skipping songs in Spotify works great.

Not quite. Other steering wheel functions are supported. For example, long-pressing button on the steering wheel will start Siri, or skipping songs in Spotify works great.
You wrote: Other steering wheel functions are supported. It's probably not available for Scenic.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Indietro
Alto